none
Required System Software not installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello-I bought my first computer at the age of 65 very recently so am a complete novice.Every time I turn my computer on I get a message MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 REUIRED TO CONTINUE GO TO LINK TO DOWNLOAD, When I do this the link takes me knowhere .My new computer is also telling me that I have windows 8.1 and new windows programmes are automatically installed.I thought it might be maybe the driver on my Dell printer but have purchased a programme which has confirmed all the drivers on the computer are up to date.I have also tried uninstalling and re installing the printer but still the pesky message appears.

Does anybody have any ideas how I might get rid of this pesky message?The only other hardware I have added is a Belkin Wireless adapter and the drivers on this are also up to date

Saturday, September 6, 2014 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi baldyhorse,

>>My new computer is also telling me that I have windows 8.1 and new windows programmes are automatically installed.

Do you mean that the OS of your computer is windows 8.1?

From the message when you start your PC, I think some program installed in your PC are based on .NET Framework 2.0 which can't be found in your PC lead to this issue.

I suggest you use .NET Framework setup verification tool to check if .NET Framework 2.0 installed in your PC.

If the verification tool finds any issues, there is a .NET Framework Repair Tool that can be found at the following locations:

If it is really the issue of .NET Framework, you can also refer to this kb, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908077/en-us

If .NET Framework 2.0 doesn't exists in the list, in other words, it isn't installed in your PC, you can install it or install the .NET Framework 3.5 because the .NET Framework 3.5 for apps built for versions 2.0 and 3.0 as well as 3.5.

How to install the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8.1, please refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443(v=vs.110).aspx

Best regards, 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Friday, September 19, 2014 2:17 AM
    Monday, September 8, 2014 6:30 AM