none
First Clone of Small Basic RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was just doing my weekly check on codeplex about updates to few projects and I found this from front page.

(To be cleat it's NOT created by me)

It's full C# clone of Small Basic called Small Program. Looks like someone decompiled Small Basic and published the result.

I'm interested what will happen next. Will that project make small basic useless or will Microsoft sue creator of that project?

Sorry My Bad English
    • Edited by Oskariok Monday, September 12, 2011 6:02 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 5:58 PM

All replies

• We are investigating and we will take appropriate action if we can.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 11:39 PM
  • Oh that is just sick, evil.
    I love game design and game programing.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:32 PM
  • Its interesting to note that its a C# programming enviroment with the same look and the ability to import Small Basic converting it to C#... So i suppose the only thing they really ripped of was the gui and the intelligent code thing (i forget what its called....). Still illegal though.

31337 - everything can be solved... the impossible just takes longer.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:46 PM
  • My opinion would be that it's kinda pointless. It's just the SB interface (sorta) with the C# language. Whoever made this should of checked with Vijaye Raji if he could use the SB graphics.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:04 PM
  • Well the part of Microsoft suing someone was originally a joke, but when I investigated the source more I found source for almost full replica of SmallBasicLibrary.dll. (Only some internal classes are missing that System.Reflection found from original SmallBasicLibrary.dll)

A coincidence? Maybe, but I don't think so.

Sorry My Bad English
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:51 PM