none
How to get SmartArt Layout for PowerPoint 2007? RRS feed

• Question

• For powerpoint 2010 we use shape.Value.SmartArt.Layout.Id (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.core.smartart.layout%28v=office.14%29.aspx), but it not works for 2007.

How to get same for powerpoint 2007?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Oleksiy,

In PowerPoint 2007, the SmartArt information could only be read by treating the shape as a group or breaking it apart, see Extract text from SmartArt.

Also as a workaround, you may edit Open XML files directly. The Create Custom SmartArt Graphics For Use In The 2007 Office System article describes that scenario in depth.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

The SmartArt Object may be a new introduced object in Excel Object Model from the version of 2010. So I'm afraid there may be no method to get the ID of a smart art in Excel 2007 Object Model. 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Hello Oleksiy,

i have some problem same with you , haven't you solve the problem?

if you have solved , could you please tell me some advice about is there some way to get shape's position, width and height, or is there default i forget. 

i would be happy to get any answer.

thanks!

Monday, September 22, 2014 10:02 AM