Add-in for Excel Office 365 online RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on the development of an add-in for excel using Asp .Net 3.5 Framework. Today my company want to have this add-in online for excel online application (office 365). So I wonder if

it is possible to develop an add-in for excel office 365?

or it will be just a web application published on the office store since we want to develop for the web version of excel?

What about the technology stack?

Please help.

thank you in advance.

said

Monday, April 13, 2015 8:16 PM

Answers

• Hi said,

>>So I wonder if it is possible to develop an add-in for excel office 365? or it will be just a web application published on the office store since we want to develop for the web version of excel?<<

No, Office online doesn't support add-in. However we are able to make an apps for Office for the Excel online.

The apps for Office contain two parts. The first is menifest which we need to publish it(Office store, SharePoint catalog etc.). The second part is a common web application. Here is the figure for your reference:

You can get more detail about apps for Office from link below:
    Overview of apps for Office

Build apps for Office

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:15 AM