Problem running sample Stereo 3D application

Question

• Hi,
    I am trying to run the sample 3D stereo application from <cite class="_Rm bc">Windows 8.1 Store app samples </cite> on windows 8 operating system using visual studio 2013. I tried running on my laptop , it worked fine but with message "Stereo 3D not enabled on your system".
    Later in order to see it as a real 3d application I have connected my laptop to samsung 3D tv using HDMI cable and run the sample, but an exception is generated.

First chance exception at 0x752D4598 in stereosimpleDirect3D.exe,Platform::OutOfMemoryException ^ at memory location 0x01138DBF4.HRESULT:0x8007000E Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

WinRT information: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

Stack trace
    [Exxternal Code]
    StereoSimpleDirect3D.exe!DX::ThrowIfFailed(HRESULT hr) Line 18
    StereoSimpleDirect3D.exe!DirectXBase::CreateWindowSizeDependentResources() Line 350
    StereoSimpleDirect3D.exe!StereoSimpleD3D::[DirectXBase]::CreateWindowSizeDependentResources() Line 149
    StereoSimpleDirect3D.exe!DirectXBase::UpdateForWindowSizeChange() Line 248
    StereoSimpleDirect3D.exe!DirectXBase::SetDpo(float dpi) Line 199

Can anyone help me solve this problem!!

Thanks

Monday, March 23, 2015 5:18 PM

All replies

• Are you running this sample? https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Direct3D-111-Simple-Stereo-9b2b61aa#content.

Scroll down to see the requirements on the page, you need to check the requirement before running the sample.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:35 AM
  • Thanks Nithak for your reply.
    Yeah it was the same sample that you have mentioned. Also I have gone through the requirements , my doubt is whether to have both windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 installed on same machine (laptop) in order to see the stereoscopic output on the 3D TV connected to my laptop??
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:08 AM