Controlling text wrapping in the Store RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently developing an app called "Jernbanehistorie" (Danish for "Railway History"). Unfortunately this is precisely one character too long to be displayed on one line in Windows Phone Store. The last letter is wrapping to the next line, like this:

Jernbanehistori
    e

This does of course not look very good. It should really be displayed like this:

Jernbane-
    historie

Is there anything to be done about this?

Friday, November 1, 2013 10:26 PM

All replies

• Could you change the app name to have a space or - between the 2 words?  
    Saturday, November 2, 2013 2:27 PM
  • I cannot do that. It is not two words, but one word. Danish (along with German, Swedish and Norwegian) uses compound words extensively. Adding a hyphen to make it display correctly in the Store would only make it wrong everywhere else. And the same goes for a space.

Not to mention the fact that this app is going to be available on iOS and Android as well - and the name of course has to be same on all three platforms.

I was thinking of trying a soft hyphen, but my gut feeling is that the Store will strip it out...

The bottom line is that the Store needs to be able to handle hyphenation (either automatically or preferably by allowing the developer to specify hyphenation points). Not every language works like English, where you have a lot of short words.

Sunday, November 3, 2013 12:48 PM