Personal Web Site - ERRORS RRS feed

• Question

• User-579715224 posted

I have downloaded the Personal Web Site Starter Kit and there seems to be a number of errors in the  Handler.ashx  module.

All references to  'PhotoSize'  and  'PhotoManager'  generate errors ie:

Error    5    The name 'PhotoSize' does not exist in the current context    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PersonalWebSite\Handler.ashx    33    12    C:\...\PersonalWebSite\

Can someone please help me with this issue...

The application will NOT execute from VWD Express - says errors - do you want to run from last successful build - Yes gets me

Server Error in '/PersonalWebSite' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PhotoSize' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 19: 		context.Response.BufferOutput = false;
    Line 20: // Setup the Size Parameter
    Line 21: PhotoSize size;
    Line 22: switch (context.Request.QueryString["Size"]) {
    Line 23: case "S":

Can anyone help me out here ?

Thanks,

Paul

Monday, January 5, 2009 5:35 PM

All replies

• User-579715224 posted

Are you telling me that the Personal Web Site Starter Kit is NOT functional straight from the download ?  That it has to be modified -or- enhanced to make it run.  Surely it should run out-of-the-box so to speak ie: straight from the download with no modifications...  My downloaded Personal Web Site Starter Kit with no modifications contains errors and will not execute ?

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 6:32 PM
  • User1275632693 posted

Paul,

It is a starter kit right?

I don't remember having issues with it back when I downloaded it a couple of years back albeit there were many possibilities to enhance or tweak it if you will.

Have you done some research, do a search on asp.net with the error you are having and see if anyone else has that error as well.

Best of luck to you.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 8:24 AM
  • User-1023877931 posted

Thanks, but I have looked up the error and it says the definition is missing.  I am very new to .Net and I just don't know 'where' or 'how' to declare it...  ie: Dim - I know it's not Dim since it's in C# -but- you see what I mean as being very new...  :):):)   If someone could give me a clue as to which module should contain the definition and how it should be declared

ie:  as somewhere in here     public void ProcessRequest (HttpContext context) {     -or-    up to with something like      private int _id;

Thanks for your reply,

Paul

Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:14 AM