Biztalk versioning RRS feed

• Question

• I have a application that is already deployed in the name "Applicaiton1" with the assembly name as "Assembly1". Now i need to deployed the same application under different application name and assembly name and version. Is this possible or what errors would i face trying to deploy.

I have schemas,orchestration in seperate projects. The schema project is added as a reference to the orchestration project. And i have a application deployed. Now i want to create a new application and set biztalk to pick a particular version of the same dll. How can this be acheived??

Regards, Vivin.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

About this, please refer to the document:

#Versioning your BizTalk application

http://justinyue.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/versioning-your-biztalk-application/

#Versioning Strategy for BizTalk Assemblies

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/richardbpi/archive/2006/12/19/versioning-strategy-for-biztalk-assemblies.aspx

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:21 AM
    Monday, September 1, 2014 8:44 AM
  • First, please explain l little bit about why you want to do this.

"different application name and assembly name and version"...well, that would be a completely different application even to .Net.  So, what you're asking isn't very clear.

If you share goals, then we can offer some guidance.

Monday, September 1, 2014 3:05 PM
  • The actual scenario is we need to have the test and production environment in the same server since the customer wont be able to afford a seperate server. And also we do not want to maintain seperate source for test and production. So is there anyway our requirement can be acheived??

Regards, Vivin.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:35 AM