iexplore.exe application error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi...I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right forum, but here goes.  I'm receiving an error message which says,

iexplore.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x66869bc7" referenced memory at "0x0000002c".  The memory could not be read".

Click on OK to terminate the program.

I had trouble installing QuickTime player and then when i finally did get it to install it didn't install correctly and whenever I clicked on the icon to bring up the player nothing would happen and of course when I tried to uninstall it, it wouldn't uninstall.  I was going crazy trying to get it off my computer.  I finally managed to uninstall it.  Then I went to the QuickTime site and installed the standalone QuickTime player.  It installed fully without any error windows appearing but then the message regarding IE came up.

Here are the error messages that appeared when I was trying to install QuickTime from start to finish...lol

Error #1 - Quicktime for Windows

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.  This may indicate a problem with this package.  The error code is 2803.

Error #2 - Rundll

An exception occurred while trying to run "Shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\QuickTime.cp\",@0,0x73617373"

Error #3 - Plugin Error

An error occurred inside a plug-in contained on this page.

Error #4

The plug-in did not initialize properly.

After all this I managed to uninstall QuickTime and then I reinstalled the standalone version without any QuickTime errors popping up but then I got the error window for the iexplore.exe - Application Error.

Any thoughts on what could have went wrong and any solutions as to how I can fix what's happening would be great.  Thanks in advance.

stargal46

Friday, March 9, 2007 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I found a solution that actually worked. It allowed me to install Quicktime without a hitch and I have no more error messages or windows popping up.  I'm not sure if this info will help anyone else, but I'll share it anyway, just in case. I used this solution which I found at one of the forums on google. Here's the link: http://retrovirus.com/incr/2005/11/quicktime-problem/  Just remember the tree s/he refers to, are the items which appear in the right hand pane.  Hope this info is helpful to someone else, as it was for me.

Have a great day people!!!

stargal46

Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:56 PM

All replies

• I too am having the same problem only my error appears after I click out of the webpage but my plugins wont initialize on the webpage itself.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:06 AM
  • I'm having the same error as your Error #2:

An exception occurred while trying to run "Shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\QuickTime.cp\",@0,0x73617373"

I'm just curious... Does either of you still use a very old program called PlugIn?  It's a long shot, but thought I'd ask.  I don't have any answers for you.  I'm just hoping maybe I have a clue that could help me as well as you.  :)

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:10 PM
  • I'm experiencing the same problem under WindowsXP.

I just recently installed FireFox and a version of DivX from a video site called Stage6.  Don't know if either of these are part of the cause but they're the only new software installed in some time.

Please respond if you FireFox or DivX might be a factor.

I'm stuck without QuickTime for now.

DarkViking

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:24 PM
  • Hi,

I too am having this same problem (The instruction at "0x66869bc7" referenced memory at "0x0000002c".  The memory could not be read) when clicking out of a web page.  I think it can be tracked back to when I installed quicktime updates while installing another program.  It installed Quicktime plugins to allow you to view media content on a web page and I get the error message after using a Quicktime file on the web. The files installed are npqtplugin.dll (1 through to six) which came from Apple Computer Inc.  file version 7.1.5.120.  I'm not sure if I'm on the right track but the problem began after this update.  Hope someone can follow this up and let me know the answer to this annoying problem.  Apple Computers might be a good place to start.

Regards

Tracy

Friday, March 16, 2007 4:20 AM
  • Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I found a solution that actually worked. It allowed me to install Quicktime without a hitch and I have no more error messages or windows popping up.  I'm not sure if this info will help anyone else, but I'll share it anyway, just in case. I used this solution which I found at one of the forums on google. Here's the link: http://retrovirus.com/incr/2005/11/quicktime-problem/  Just remember the tree s/he refers to, are the items which appear in the right hand pane.  Hope this info is helpful to someone else, as it was for me.

Have a great day people!!!

stargal46

Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:56 PM
  • I'M also having the same message and problem how can i solve it-what did you do?
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:36 AM