Set WinJS Trial App's expiration to number of days after install

Question

• I'm trying to set my WinJS trial app's expiration date to 30 days after a user installs it. It appears that the WindowsStoreProxy.xml only allows me to set a hardcoded date. Is there some additional entry in the xml file that I'm missing?
    Saturday, June 8, 2013 6:44 PM

Answers

• I don't know if it's possible in the xml file, and there is probably an easier way to do it.

But you could: Record the date the app is installed on, then add 30 days to it and use that value to set the expiry date?

EDIT: You may find this useful
    • Edited by Peter J. Reid Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:01 PM added EDIT
    • Marked as answer by bmurmistro Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:15 PM
    Saturday, June 8, 2013 6:58 PM

All replies

• I don't know if it's possible in the xml file, and there is probably an easier way to do it.

But you could: Record the date the app is installed on, then add 30 days to it and use that value to set the expiry date?

EDIT: You may find this useful
    • Edited by Peter J. Reid Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:01 PM added EDIT
    • Marked as answer by bmurmistro Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:15 PM
    Saturday, June 8, 2013 6:58 PM
  • Perfect! That link is what I was looking for. Thanks!
    Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:13 PM
  • The WindowsStoreProxy.xml file is used only for testing. It is not used when the app is really installed by the user. You set the trial expiration time in your store dashboard. If you set it to 30 days then the app will expire 30 days after the user installs it and the user will not be able to start the app without purchasing it.

--Rob

Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Got it. Thanks
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 12:10 AM