Where to look for "Temporary Redirect" endless loop -- IIS setup? .aspx files? .vb files? RRS feed

• Question

• User49958471 posted

I'm not really a web-savvy person but I did install a 3rd party asp.net application (successfully last year, unsuccessfully now).  Chrome gives an "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS".  I installed the REDIRECT PATH extension in Chrome and it seems to point to default.aspx.

If I look at default.aspx -- what am I looking for?  Should I look at IIS instead?  or the .VB code behind asp?  What does a "REDIRECT" command look llike?

I'm just hoping someone can give me a general idea of where to look.  Thanks.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:25 AM

All replies

• User-1174608757 posted

Hi vincent20001,

According to your description, default.aspx is in your web application,  it is no matter where you look it. The point is  reason for "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" error.

It could happen  in your aspx page  or you may set too many redirect command in iis server. So do you write any redirect codes  in your aspx file?

I suggest that you could  post the code of  page which you visit  when browser shows the error.

Best Regards

Wei.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 6:02 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Use F12 Network (and "preserve log") in your browser to see which page(s) is involved. You could search for ".Redirect" (not whole word in case you would have a RedirectLocal or something else).

If you don't find this in your code,  a common case is to have a login  page which is not allowed to anonymous users (and so ASP.NET needs to direct the user to the login page each time a user tries to access the login page which ends up in a redirect loop until the browser gives up).

Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:37 PM