none
SharePoint Task List Item Updation using C# CSOM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using task list for creating tasks in SharePoint office 365.

Once task is created i need to update the fields of the list item using C# Csom. To run this program i am passing all the required parameters and Editor field also changed but when mail is triggered from SharePoint Task list after changing the author and editor name also my name is appearing in the mail content.

What code i need to update to donot appear my name on in the mail. I want editor name in the mail content.

Please find the below screenshot.

In the above i changed the editor name from CSOM but still sending mails with my name only.

Can you please suggest what changes i need to do.

Friday, March 17, 2017 1:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How this email be set up to be triggered when there is change on a list item? Alert, workflow or by code?

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 20, 2017 6:46 AM
  • I am not triggering any email. Default nature of Task list is when any item is changed automatically it will trigger mail with changes done to item.

Satish

Monday, March 20, 2017 7:33 AM
  • Hi Satish,

By default, if a Task list without workflow or alert attached, there will be no emails sent out automatically on item changed event.

Can you please try to create a new list based on the “Task” list template to see if the email still sent in such format.

Best regards,

Patrick

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:38 PM
  • Hi Satish,

Any progress on this issue?

Best regards,

Patrick

Saturday, March 25, 2017 5:08 AM