how to read XML file from binary datasource and parse in LS Client. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, to implement Security on my LS Application, i have a table named licence.

When i Start LS Client, i need to read if the first result of this table (binary data), has a file, and then, parse the content (xml file), to read if Licence is valid...

How can i Parse this file from Client Side, to read information of the file?

Thanks for your time!

Saturday, March 15, 2014 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Ivan

Appreciate your feedback.

If you want to parse the XML file, I think you need use XMLReader class.

The XmlReader class reads XML data from a stream or file. It provides non-cached, forward-only, read-only access to XML data.

Using the XmlReader Class

XmlReader Class 

I don't have suitable example on my side, hope it good start for you.

Best regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 28, 2014 1:31 AM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi, anyone has a solution to parse xml from client side?
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:29 PM
  • Hi Ivan

If you want to read XML file in LightSwitch Client side, please refer to the discussion below first.

Import XML Data into LS

Matt's blog is available to import data While running a LightSwitch web application.

If you have any concern, please let me know.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Hi Angie, the problem is parse the object:

- Put local file to databse is OK

- Read (give object from database is OK)

- Problem is:

Read these XML and parse, can you give me some examples to read and parse information from LS Client?

I need, to read these XML, and then, get a Value of these XML, to make a new action.

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:14 AM
  • Hi Ivan

Appreciate your feedback.

If you want to parse the XML file, I think you need use XMLReader class.

The XmlReader class reads XML data from a stream or file. It provides non-cached, forward-only, read-only access to XML data.

Using the XmlReader Class

XmlReader Class 

I don't have suitable example on my side, hope it good start for you.

Best regards

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 28, 2014 1:31 AM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:04 AM