installing as express settings? - I need to change my keyboard and language settings

Question

• When installing windows 8 preview you can choose Use express settings or Customize. I chose Use Express Settings. Can you alter these settings after installation as I didn't choose my language as my key board and language is set at default which I think is US and i want to set it as UK English. Thanks. 

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:21 AM

Answers

• On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:21:14 +0000, skipper847 wrote:

When installing windows 8 preview you can choose Use express settings or*Customize*. I chose Use Express Settings. Can you alter these settings after installation as?I didn't choose my language as my key board and language is set at default which?I think is US and i want to set it as UK English.?Thanks.

Same way as in Windows 7. Simply access the Desktop Control Panel.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    You depend too much on computers for information.

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:28 AM
  • In addition to finding that the keyboard is the US layout, you will probably find that the spelling engine is using US spellings. To solve both of these issues, go to the language control panel in the clock, language, and region hub. Select "add a language", and look for English, open the English stack and select and add English (United Kingdom). Once you have added it, you will be able to remove English (United States). You will now find that your keyboard has the UK layout and your spell checker uses British spelling.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:57 AM

All replies

• On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:21:14 +0000, skipper847 wrote:

When installing windows 8 preview you can choose Use express settings or*Customize*. I chose Use Express Settings. Can you alter these settings after installation as?I didn't choose my language as my key board and language is set at default which?I think is US and i want to set it as UK English.?Thanks.

Same way as in Windows 7. Simply access the Desktop Control Panel.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    You depend too much on computers for information.

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:28 AM
  • In addition to finding that the keyboard is the US layout, you will probably find that the spelling engine is using US spellings. To solve both of these issues, go to the language control panel in the clock, language, and region hub. Select "add a language", and look for English, open the English stack and select and add English (United Kingdom). Once you have added it, you will be able to remove English (United States). You will now find that your keyboard has the UK layout and your spell checker uses British spelling.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:57 AM