locked
Get Latest not getting latest RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • In the last couple of days we have had a couple of occasions where a change has been checked in and then another developer does a get latest but the change is not picked up. After some other event occurring later the get latest does work (maybe refreshing the project view in Source Control Explorer works maybe not we haven't nailed down exactly what makes it suddenly get the latest version - maybe it is just time passing). Even a force get doesn't get the change yet if you view the file from within Source Control Explorer you can see the changes.

    Any ideas?

    Regards
    Ian
    Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:08 PM

All replies

  • Hi Ian,

    I was also having the same issues, but after I installed the Visual Studio 2005 SP1, it went away.

    Try installing it and then working on it and if that does not resolve the problem, let me know and we can try a few other things which I tried.

    Good Luck...

    Ashish

     

    Friday, December 22, 2006 1:28 AM
  • You can also try to clean the cache first and then try to the the latest files.

    Cache folder is under Documents and Settings\<Your account>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\TeamFoundation\1.0\Cache.

    Just delete everything. Note: the Local Settings folder is hidden, so please select Show hidden files and folders in Folder Options.

    Friday, December 22, 2006 6:03 AM
  • Thanks for the tips guys I will try them out

    Have a good Christmas!
    Friday, December 22, 2006 1:30 PM
  • If it still doesn't works try to enable client tracing and check what's happening when you do a get latest version.

    The client tracing can be activated opening the file "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.config" and then adding this to the end, just before the "</configuration>" closing:

    <appSettings>
     <add key="VersionControl.EnableSoapTracing" value="false" />  
    </appSettings>

    <system.diagnostics>
     <switches>           
      <add name="TeamFoundationSoapProxy" value="4" />          
      <add name="VersionControl" value="4" />       

     </switches>       
     <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="3">           
      <listeners>             
       <add name="myListener"           
        type="Microsoft.TeamFoundation.TeamFoundationTextWriterTraceListener,Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"    initializeData="c:\traceTFS.log" />           
      </listeners>
     </trace>  
    </system.diagnostics>

     

    And then restart the VS IDE, and in the file "c:\traceTFS.log" you will have the log.

    Tuesday, December 26, 2006 4:14 PM
  • It has been behaving itself since I posted so I haven't been able to test out any of the good suggestions made here. I think refreshing the project in Source Control explorer might be what helps.

    Thanks & happy New year!
    Ian
    Thursday, January 4, 2007 12:23 PM