MessageId of a new message put into storage queue is not returned by C# sdk (managed QueueClient) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm using the managed QueueClient and every put operation into the storage queue doesn't return the messageId of the newly queued message. Is this by design, or an issue with the API? I'm using the latest storage sdk.

Friday, April 11, 2014 8:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, this may be by design, we can use other way to achieve, sorry for any inconvenient.

Please try to submit this as a new feature at: http://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 14, 2014 6:30 AM

All replies

• Actually I just monitored the traffic with fiddler and the HTTP response (Created 201) doesn't contain the Id, so it looks like this was the intention.

I sense the REST-influence here - because there is no GET on a particular message (obviously for a queue) the API author decided probably that the Message ID generated by Azure should not be returned at all by the API.

I find the decision unfortunate (and likely another ill-influence from REST) because in real life that Id is very important for me as I need to use it to corroborate messages put in the queue by some applications with messages processed by other applications. Now I'm forced to create my own Id and add it into every message.

Saturday, April 12, 2014 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, this may be by design, we can use other way to achieve, sorry for any inconvenient.

Please try to submit this as a new feature at: http://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 14, 2014 6:30 AM