The data is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D) in Visual studio 2017 15.8.4 RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting exception while executing below method in Visual Studio 2017 15.8.4 alone but in visual studio 2017 15.7.4 project created successfully with my custom vsix.

soln.AddFromTemplate(path, _destinationPath, _projectName, false); 

Stacktrace : "at EnvDTE80.Solution2.AddFromTemplate(String FileName, String Destination, String ProjectName, Boolean Exclusive)\r\n   at WebProjectTemplate.IWizardImplementationRoot.RunFinished()"

Message : "The data is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D)"

Please help us on this
    Friday, September 28, 2018 10:50 AM

All replies

• You'll need to include some additional details here. Where are you invoking AddFromTemplate ? What arguments are you passing to AddFromTemplate? What does the Callstack look like when the exception is thrown?

It's next to impossible to provide assistance, make suggestions, etc. without enough details to replicate the problem.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 5:00 PM
  • Hi Ed Dore,

I have installed Two different VSIX with same project templates (Zip) ,in this case only we are facing above issues. But both working fine individually .

This sounds like we need to change anything in VSIX manifest or template files. 

Any suggestion on this case?

I will share the parameters in my next update.

Thanks ,

Vijay

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 5:48 AM