Need help in Error message RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I hav ea package with Look up Transaformations with SCD2 when I run the package I'm getting this Error Message

[Insert Destination [1751]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "The statement has been terminated.".
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Cannot insert the value NULL into column

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED.  The ProcessInput method on component "Insert Destination" (1751) failed with error code 0xC0202009 while processing input "OLE DB Destination Input" (1764). The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Thanks in advance

• Edited by White1727 Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:45 PM
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:54 AM

Answers

•  Description: "Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'CurrentRecordFlag', table 'Guru_Dev.dbo.DimProvider'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.".

This is error is beacuse your dataflow task is trying to insert NULL into a non nullable column. Check the source data for NULLs in the 'CurrentRecordFlag' source column and modify the source query or proc.

Another option is you can have a transformation task to handle this NULL value. If NULL fill up with some default value.

• Proposed as answer by Todd McDermid Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bob Bojanic Monday, June 28, 2010 5:24 PM
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:20 AM