none
Printing several specific invoices at once RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm wondering how one would print several different invoice reports at once. I currently have a working invoice RDLC file. I pass it a report parameter with an order number and it shows the correct invoice.

What I'd like to do is pass the report several order numbers and get several pages in the preview window, each for a different order. Then I can hit the print button and get all the invoices I need at once.

Does anyone have some pointers on what to try or what to look for? I thought I'd found it with ReportParameterCollection's instead of just ReportParameter's, but I haven't been able to get that to work yet.

Thanks very much for any guidance or links anyone has to offer

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:56 AM

Answers

• Figured it out finally.

The report parameter was unneeded. I created a View in my database that combined my Order and OrderItems table together. I can then use a FillDataBy and get all the invoice data for a specific order number. 

On the report side I created a dataset, set ClearBeforeFill to false, and loop through my array of order numbers, filling my dataset with all the data for each order.

The report has a table that is grouped by OrderID and it it repeats down the page for each order, just like I wanted.

Getting the page breaks to work correctly is another thing though. I'll probably post again about that.

• Marked as answer by Barkode15 Monday, September 20, 2010 3:59 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 3:59 AM