deploying my MVC application on IIS 7 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1106823036 posted

I'm trying to deploy my MVC 5 application on the IIS server in my work.

I created a new web site in the IIS Manager, set the site name and the physical path as well as the port numkber and now I have an IP for the website (the IIS server is an offline server for the company so we access websites by IP)

now when calling this IP from the browser it seems that it is not redirecting to my MVC project it keeps giving me this error:

404 - File or directory not found.

it seems that I'm missing some steps if someone can redirect me.

Note: Is it enough to call the project by IP? or should there be a certain path for it to open. In other words when deploying a VB.net app it redirects to the index.html page directly, but in MVC I don't have a index.html page. It should open the /Home/Index page automatically.

I'm sorry if it is a silly question I'm new to deploying

Thank you in advance

Friday, November 27, 2015 7:39 AM

All replies

• User197322208 posted

Put a 

a.html

page and see if you can access http://IP/a.html

If not, talk with server admins.

Friday, November 27, 2015 8:01 AM
  • User-1106823036 posted

yes I have tried that already and yes I can access it but seems I can't access my views in the mvc application

Friday, November 27, 2015 8:06 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

lolo512

yes I have tried that already and yes I can access it but seems I can't access my views in the mvc application

You need also check the RouteConfig.cs file in App_Start, please check whether you have modified it.

routes.MapRoute(
                    name: "Default",
                    url: "{controller}/{action}/{id}",
                    defaults: new { controller = "Home", action = "Index", id = UrlParameter.Optional }
                );

With regards,

Angie

Monday, November 30, 2015 8:59 AM