Missing test categories in Vstest.console.exe generated .trx RRS feed

• Question

• Is is so that default trx logger for Vstest.console.exe does not output test attributes like TestCategory to the result file?

I know you can write your own loggers, but Mstest.exe writes the categories there and I would have expected the "new" alternative to have similar level of features.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi THuttunen,

I could repro this issue in the two command lines, it really has no the TestCategory in the trx file of the Vstest.console.exe.

You could submit this feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio.
    The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there and people can vote. If you submit this suggestion, I hope you could post that link here, I will vote it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 1, 2015 8:45 AM
  • I created a feature request, but I do not high hopes of it reaching enough traction. I guess in the meanwhile I need to revert back to using Mstest then, but that also means Coded UI tests will still have to use vstest.console and categorization needs to be worked out in other means.

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/10102809-include-traits-and-other-attributes-to-vstest-cons

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:38 AM
  • I help you vote it, THuttunen!

If the feature request gets many votes, the product team members would think about add the new feature to the next version or update. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion/feedback, It will help the VS team to make the VS products easier and more powerful to use.

Have a nice day,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:43 AM