Visual Studio 2008 Print Error RRS feed

• Question

• When I render the report in the preview window all is well.  When I print the report I get "The handle is invalid".  What the heck is a handle, and how do I make it valid?

I deploy the report.  When it runs in Report Manager barcodes look great. When I preview the print out the barcode font no longer works. It's showing the underlying text. The barcode font is installed on all machines.  Now what??
    • Moved by YiChun Chen Friday, December 18, 2009 4:27 AM Report issue (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hi FHall,

I am moving this thread from Base "Visual Studio Setup and Installation" forum to the "Visual Studio Report Controls" forum, since the issue is related to report controls. There are more experts in the "Visual Studio Report Controls" forum.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, December 18, 2009 4:27 AM
  • Hello, I have still the same problem.
    The known workaround is passing the print event and using own printing code.
    Is this still the only solution for this problem?
    Perhaps meanwhile Microsoft released a fix or a better solution exist. Is anything known about this?
    I search long time in I-net and I found only the mentioned solution.

Alex
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:21 AM