none
Problem with ReportViewer in Local Processing Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Microsoft ReportViewer control situated on an ASP.NET 2.0 web page.  The ReportViewer control works beautifully on my development machine in Local Processing Mode, producing the desired report based on parameters passed from a previous web page.  I am able to export the generated report to an Adobe .PDF file on my development machine.  The ReportViewer control accesses datasets in the App_Code folder of the website, which query a SQL back-end database.

Three DLL's reside in the \bin folder of the website as Reporting Services is not being used: Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll, and Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll.

Here is my problem:  When I FTP the website files to a publicly hosted website on GoDaddy, viewing the website generates an error stating that execute permissions are needed for the \bin folder.  GoDaddy doesn't allow execute permissions on a shared hosting web server, so I believe I am blocked from using the ReportViewer control.  Has anyone encountered a similar problem, and is there a way around it?

Saturday, January 5, 2008 2:05 AM

All replies

• Same Error occur for me in godaddy hosting .  Any solution please help.
    zawmn83
    Monday, June 23, 2008 10:11 AM
  • couldn't say personally, I have no problem using the reportviewer on my site.  But I use discountasp.net  which is a very up-to-date host, although not the cheapest.
    Living my life at 123mph in 11.15 seconds
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:32 PM
  • When using the ReportViewer control in local mode, the control requires full trust.  Assemblies that are in the GAC will have full trust.  But because you are placing the viewer assemblies directly in the bin directory, you don't have the required permissions.  There is no way around the full trust requirement for local mode.  Note that using the ReportViewer control in server mode does not require full trust.

Sunday, June 29, 2008 6:02 PM