none
[MS-OXCPRPT] Missing ROP descriptions RRS feed

• Question

• MS-OXCROPS - v2.0, section 2.2.8.11 "RopWriteAndCommitStream" states:
    This remote operation writes bytes to a stream and commits the stream. More detailed information about this operation can be found in [MS-OXCPRPT].

Similarly, MS-OXCROPS - v2.0, section 2.2.8.12 "RopCloneStream" states:
    This remote operation creates a new stream object based on the same data as another stream. More detailed information about this operation can be found in [MS-OXCPRPT].

However [MS-OXCPRPT] - v2.0 does not appear to contain any mention of these two ROPs.

Can you advise of the missing content, or advise where it can be found?

Brad
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:28 AM

Answers

• Brad,

Development has commited to updating the content for RopGetValidAttachments in a future release.  Feedback is that there is not alot of additional information outside of what is currently specified in the field descriptions in [MS-OXCROPS].    

I am going to mark this as answered for now and feel free to provide feedback once [MS-OXCMSG] has been updated.

Developer Consultant
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 9:50 PM

All replies

• Also for MS-OXCROPS section 2.2.5.18 RopGetValidAttachments, which states:
    This remote operation gets the valid attachment identifiers of a message. More detailed information about this operation can be found in [MS-OXCMSG].

However MS-OXCMSG v2.0 does not appear to contain any mention of this ROP.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:28 AM
  • Good catch Brad.  I have filed a TDI to find out what happened here.

Developer Consultant
    Friday, April 17, 2009 4:32 AM
  • Hi Brad,

I was hopeful that I had a response but I reviewed the information and realized that it was the content that was sent to me already existed in [MS-OXCROPS].  So I re-asked development if they could provide me some some details for those ROPs.

Developer Consultant
    Monday, June 15, 2009 11:50 PM
  • Hi Brad,

The details of RopWriteAndCommitStream operative equivalent of RopWriteStream + RopCommitStream as documented for each ROP in [MS-OXCPRPT]. The ROP is only issued for message and attachment streams. This ROP must not be used for streams on folders. Note that this ROP is not used by Outlook 2007 and greater.

RopCloneStream creates a new stream object for accessing the same bytes but using a separate seek pointer. The new stream object sees the same data as the source-stream object. Changes written to one object are immediately visible in the other. The initial setting of the seek pointer in the cloned stream instance is the same as the current setting of the seek pointer in the original stream at the time of the clone operation.

Still waiting on feedback for RopGetValidAttachments.

Developer Consultant
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:33 PM
  • Tom,

Appreciate the information on CloneStream and WriteAndCommitStream.

Thanks for following this up.

Brad
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:28 AM
  • Hi Brad, 

I am still waiting on feedback from development on this.   

Developer Consultant
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:29 AM
  • Brad,

Development has commited to updating the content for RopGetValidAttachments in a future release.  Feedback is that there is not alot of additional information outside of what is currently specified in the field descriptions in [MS-OXCROPS].    

I am going to mark this as answered for now and feel free to provide feedback once [MS-OXCMSG] has been updated.

Developer Consultant
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 9:50 PM
  • Is there a planned update to [MS-OXCPRPT]? Looks like v20090712 still doesn't mention these.

Brad

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:39 PM
  • Yes there will be updates coming in a future release to document. 
    Developer Consultant
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:14 PM