Oubound data charges, is anyone seeing these in the preview? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a .NET Remoting client that is hitting a Windows Server 2008 R2 service and I am only seeing inbound traffic reported.

I wanted to ask vs. assume that a async call that requests the data and and then is responded in the same call, is this considered only inbound traffic?

Same thing for Remote Desktop usage into the virtual. Is there a charge for the outbound RDP traffic, or is this only considered inbound since this was initiated from outside the virtual desktop?

I have checked my usage on the graph as well as billing and I am not seeing anything to show that I have used any outbound traffic?

Monday, September 24, 2012 5:58 PM

Answers

• Here is the answer I was giving by Microsoft support. It really didnt matter if it was remoting RDP, web browsing or other outbound traffic, so moving this to other forums wouldnt help.

The Network out graph is not working for me as my Azure Essentials program allows for 25GB outbound free each month. After that I would see charges. To see what outbound traffic has been used go to the billing tab of the old portal azure.com and click the service that is being used. This will then give you an option to export the data to a detailed CSV file. This shows all the data that was used for VHD's as well as outbound network traffic.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Marked as answer by Jeff Pigott Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:50 PM

All replies

• It looks like you're connecting to a normal Windows Server using .NET remoting. If so, please ask the question on http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/hu/netfxremoting/threads.

If by inbounding/outbouding, you mean you're concerned about Windows Azure pricing, you can contact customer support on https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=14234&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn&ln=en-us.

• Marked as answer by Dino He Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:56 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jeff Pigott Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:50 PM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 2:18 AM
  • Here is the answer I was giving by Microsoft support. It really didnt matter if it was remoting RDP, web browsing or other outbound traffic, so moving this to other forums wouldnt help.

The Network out graph is not working for me as my Azure Essentials program allows for 25GB outbound free each month. After that I would see charges. To see what outbound traffic has been used go to the billing tab of the old portal azure.com and click the service that is being used. This will then give you an option to export the data to a detailed CSV file. This shows all the data that was used for VHD's as well as outbound network traffic.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Marked as answer by Jeff Pigott Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:50 PM