none
Can't seem to install VS 2012 Item Templates in VS 2015

Question

• Just migrated from VS 2012 to VS 2015. In 2012 had 2 item templates installed in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ItemTemplateCache\VisualBasic. I cannot seem to get these templates to integrate into the VS 2015 environment. There is a lot of help on the interernet but it seems contradictory to me. Can someone point me to the correct procedure. The templates already exist and have been used for several years. Thanks.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:00 PM

Answers

• Hi FuzzyRiderToo,

>> In 2012 had 2 item templates installed in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ItemTemplateCache\VisualBasic.

In my opinion, the files under AppData folder is custom settings files and cache files. And I also don't find these path in my Visual Studio Premium 2012 Update 5. It seems there doesn't have any item templates cached in my folder.

And please tell us which item templates are missing in your Visual Studio 2015 and I will check them whether they are supported by VS2015 or not. I also need to know your Visual Studio 2015 version, since different version supports different project type.

The Item Templates should be installed in the path of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\VisualBasic". Please check whether the missing template installed in this path.

If it is not installed, please try restore all default templates with command "devenv /installvstemplates" to check whether it can restore all templates.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:59 AM