none
how to call subform querybuilder from the from load RRS feed

• Question

• I have a login form, main form and subform

When I  select the  userid  from combobox from  main form , then the subform will display all the corresponding  record of the selected value  user id. It is working fine. When I change the user id from combo box then the subform record list will automatically change. Here combo box after update will work perfectly

But When  I try to  pass the value into the combo box using set tempvariable from the load event of the main form, then sub form will not display the corresponding records . [This case userid will be passed from the login form using set tempvariable]. So please help me how to  initiate afterupdate event of  the combobox from the mainform load event

Please find attached screen shot

Please help

polachan

Friday, January 12, 2018 6:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since you're using macros, I am not sure you can "call" another embedded macro. If not, then perhaps you can just duplicate the AfterUpdate macro actions at the bottom of your OnLoad macro.

Just a thought...

Friday, January 12, 2018 6:49 PM
  • Hi polachan,

I agree with the suggestion given by .theDBguy regarding duplicating the steps.

If that not work for you then other work around is to use VBA code.

with the help of that you can easily make one function to do a specific task and you can call that function on any event.

You can also try to call the event directly from other event.

So let us update regarding the current status of your issue.

So that we can try to provide further suggestions, if needed.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 15, 2018 5:16 AM