none
I have two version of the framework service pack 2 on my computer RRS feed

• Question

• how do I remove one of the versions from the computer. I think I have tryed everything
    • Moved by Rong-Chun Zhang Wednesday, September 2, 2009 11:02 AM To involve more experts (From:Application Compatibility for Windows Development)
    • Edited by seaner Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:02 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 3:51 AM

Answers

• Move to .NET Framework Setup from to involve more experts on .NET Framework Setup.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by seaner Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by seaner Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by seaner Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:12 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 11:00 AM
  • Hi Seaner,

Some clarifications:
    What's your OS?
    Which version of these two .NET Frameworks with SP2 do you want to remove? .NET 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5?

Referring to removal of any the versions of the .NET Framework, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.

Firstly, please check your OS. For OS, here is a useful blog that shows what version of .NET Framework is included in what version of OS. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx
    If .NET Framework is included as OS component, it cannot be removed.

Secondly, check your applications. For applications, if you have some application based on .NET Framework 2.0 on your PC, you cannot remove .NET Framework 2.0 because it is needed to support the application to run.

If the above steps are checked, you can try Cleanup Tool to remove .NET Framework that you want to uninstall.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by seaner Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:13 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:51 AM

All replies

• Move to .NET Framework Setup from to involve more experts on .NET Framework Setup.
    • Marked as answer by seaner Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by seaner Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by seaner Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:12 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 11:00 AM
  • Hi Seaner,

Some clarifications:
    What's your OS?
    Which version of these two .NET Frameworks with SP2 do you want to remove? .NET 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5?

Referring to removal of any the versions of the .NET Framework, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.

Firstly, please check your OS. For OS, here is a useful blog that shows what version of .NET Framework is included in what version of OS. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx
    If .NET Framework is included as OS component, it cannot be removed.

Secondly, check your applications. For applications, if you have some application based on .NET Framework 2.0 on your PC, you cannot remove .NET Framework 2.0 because it is needed to support the application to run.

If the above steps are checked, you can try Cleanup Tool to remove .NET Framework that you want to uninstall.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    • Marked as answer by seaner Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:13 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:51 AM
  • the version I am trying to take off .net 2.0. is OS the operating system
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:21 PM