Linker Issue/ Rendering Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have been pulling my hair out using MVS for openGL because every time I use it, there is an issue. First, every time I try to run a program that is exactly like a demo code that my professor shows, the program will not display the rendering. I have looked everywhere and I can not find an answer as to why. I have even updated my graphics card driver just to be safe. The code compiles fine and I am able to draw opengl legacy 2 images but when it comes to the newer opengl rendering, nothing will work. I am very new to this and have poured hours into scouring the web for some kind of answer. I am using MVS 2017, glew32s.lib, glfw3.lib, and opengl32.lib. So, if anyone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it.

My next issue is this: every time I try to run this other program, it compiles correctly, giving me false hope but I then get an error stating >glew32s.lib(glew.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc120.pdb' was not found with 'glew32s.lib(glew.obj)'. I have triple checked that it is linked correctly and listed in the additional libraries. So, if anyone could shed some light on these issues, I would greatly appreciate it. I am about ready to just switch to my mac book and hope I have better luck. 

Thanks in advance :)

Monday, November 23, 2020 7:43 AM