none
[MS-OXCRPC] Document versioning RRS feed

• Question

• While preparing for the plugfest, I checked some docs were up-to-date. I came across an anomaly:

MS-OXCRPC v20100729 page 2 shows that it is Version 7.0, and the Change Tracking in that version of that document does show at least one Major change.

MS-OXCRPC v20101026 page 2 shows that it is Version 6.2 (and changes what was previously Version 7.0 to Version 6.1). There is no mention of this in the Change Tracking of this version of this document.

Questions:

1. What is the rationale for changing version numbers?

2. Will this type of change likely happen again?

My concern is that my (informal) versioning system for the specs relies on the version number of the document matching the technical content, and I need to understand how to refer to a particular set of requirements.

Brad

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:53 AM

Answers

• Brad, I have concluded my research regarding this issue. The document version information from the November release is incorrect. The August release is version 7.0 and the November release should be 7.1. The publishing team is aware of the issue and will be correcting the problem. Thank you for catching this and bringing it to our attention.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Brad,

Thank you for your question.  A colleague will contact you soon to follow up.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:26 PM
  • Hi Brad, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:05 PM
  • Brad, I have concluded my research regarding this issue. The document version information from the November release is incorrect. The August release is version 7.0 and the November release should be 7.1. The publishing team is aware of the issue and will be correcting the problem. Thank you for catching this and bringing it to our attention.
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:13 PM