none
Install Adobe Air RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add Adobe Air and an Autostart Application.
    I have added the Windows Installer and the Adobe Air Installer in the OEM  . But I dont see Adobe Air installed.Do I have to add anything else?

I also want to start an application at boot up, how do I do that?

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 6:43 PM

Answers

• You have to create the folder "setup" and add the install files - \$OEM$ Folders\Firefox\$OEM$\$1\Setup. The first picture on the article shows how this is done. In IE you need to then right click on the Firefox folder to add it to the answer file.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Marked as answer by Spavar Thursday, June 3, 2010 1:40 AM
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:11 PM

All replies

• Did you run the Adobe Air installer?

Here are a couple examples:

http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Articles/java%20on%20WES7%20Rev1.1.pdf
    http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Articles/Firefox%20on%20WES7%20Rev1.1.pdf

Do you want the application to be the shell, or do you want to have explorer shell as the shell and lauch the application from the start menu?

If you want the application to be the shell, choose command prompt shell and then change the shell via registry: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms838576.aspx

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 1:06 AM
  •  

Sean,

I followed your article integrating firefox, but I still dont see an install. 

You mention “c:\setup\Firefox Setup 3.6.2.exe”  , I am curious where does the executables in the OEM folder place itself in the new OS.Is it in C:\setup?

or do I have to explicitly mention it as I dont see any "setup" folder.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:36 PM
  • You have to create the folder "setup" and add the install files - \$OEM$ Folders\Firefox\$OEM$\$1\Setup. The first picture on the article shows how this is done. In IE you need to then right click on the Firefox folder to add it to the answer file.

-Sean

• Marked as answer by Spavar Thursday, June 3, 2010 1:40 AM
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:11 PM
  • Thanks Sean, 

I was adding the complete path to the executable in the OemFolderPaths i.e %distributionshareroot%\$OEM$ Folders\Firefox\$OEM$\$1\Setup instead of  %distributionshareroot%\$OEM$ Folders\Firefox\$OEM$ which was causing a no install.

Thanks Again

Thursday, June 3, 2010 1:40 AM
  • Hmm... that is a problem, I have seen before...

-Sean

Thursday, June 3, 2010 5:54 AM