none
How can I create and/or update firmware? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone:

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but recently I have been exploring Software Defined Radio(SDR).

The HackRF One is the one that has caught my interest for many reasons. Because it is an Open Source product there has been some add-ons developed to make it more portable. The Add-on I am referring to is called PortaPack H1 or H2. Basically this add-on replaces your PC. It has firmware to allow the HackRF one to perform specific functions. The firmware is housed on the GitHub website.

Picture of above products:

Now like any self-respecting computer geek. Most likely I will want to add or make improvements to my portable system and to do this I will have to make changes to the existing firmware source code and recompile. Then update the firmware on the Portapack. 

I have been searching the Internet and I have not been able to find anything that meets these requirements.

Does anyone know how to:

1. Have the ability to create firmware using VS2017?

2. After the firmware is compile to a bin file rewrite the firmware onto ANY MCU based system using some sort of universal programmer?

Thanks in advance,

MRM256

Saturday, November 21, 2020 4:56 PM