none
Body Frame basic sample stuck my device RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have a wierd issue with the SDK sample "Control Basic WPF" .

When I run it the first time, all is working fine.

Then I close the application and start it a second time, my device is not working any more and no more tracing point are coming (black) screen.

Then I switch off the power from the device and run teh sample again.

Then repeat teh same process, and all second time try I have no Other way than switching off the power to recover.

I ahve notice that after this behaviour, all sample where tracking body point are involves are not working anymore. All Other sample not relative to tracking work ok

Any idea what is goign on ?

Does the sample is not closing properly some stuff which cause the issue

Thanks for help on this

regards

serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.

Friday, March 6, 2015 4:36 PM

All replies

• On a known working system, the issue you are reporting is not reproducible. Do the unmanaged c++/D2D samples work? the issue might be with power state of the system, see the troubleshooting thread the D2D samples work when you get into this state:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20dbadae-dcee-406a-b66f-a182d76cea3b/troubleshooting-and-common-issues-guide?forum=kinectv2sdk

You could force the system to "restart" the runtime, but restarting the KinectMonitor service, but this should be required.

net stop "Kinect Monitor"
    net start "Kinect Monitor"

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, March 9, 2015 8:03 PM
  • Hello,

In fact any sample which has body tracking are only working once. While all Other sample works ok.
    What is strange is that I have donwload from the net some Other samples found using body tracking and do not have the issue, but as I do not have access to code of working sample I could not isolate what is wrong in SDK sample.

regards

serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:15 AM
  • The samples provided in the SDK demonstrate the correct pattern of acquiring the data from the SDK and correctly disposing/releasing the acquired frame in a timely manner. If you are not following the pattern describe, then review that code.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:28 PM