none
Missing Screenshots RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone else ever had the screenshots of their app go missing in the Windows Store? They're still shown in the Dev Center Dashboard, but in the Store app I'm getting a black box with an X in the top left. The Windows Store website is also not showing the screenshots. It's been like this for about 36 hours. I created a support ticket but I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this before and how it was resolved.

It's unfortunate, because my app was in the top of its category, but no one is going to download it if the screenshots aren't being shown.

Here's a link to the app website: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/digital-timestamp-generator/a21d1e18-6f07-4b56-bdf6-a7697c0c2081

Saturday, August 31, 2013 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hey Woody,

That is likely a caching issue, as your dashboard reflects the content hosted to the store. A simple way to check this is to access this from another machine. 

If you see the correct screen shots from the new system, then it is confirmed that it is a caching issue. To fix the issue, bring up command prompt (cmd.exe)  and type WSReset.exe
    That will clean your Windows Store cache, and should then, pull the latest screens from your latest upload. 

Post back when you have time to test these steps, and thank you for the post!

Update: I was able to get a screenshot for your peace of mind that your customers are seeing the correct screen shots. 

- Robert

Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:04 PM