Rendering performance (Frame rate jumping) RRS feed

Answers

• There is a difference, but the frame rate looks good. I'm a game developer myself -- looks fine here.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 1:56 PM

All replies

• What's up? See if modifying the default frame rate improves this.

Let me know if it doesn't and we can go from there. ;)

As for the Comp.target.Rendering -- yes, that's the best way for games or high-speed apps.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 12:47 AM
  • FYI, I'm getting 60fps with your sample app on my computer that is one step-up from being a pile of junk.

I'm using Windows 7 and I have the latest .net and service packs. Do you have the latest .net (service packs)? Try that too.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 12:49 AM
  • Hi fullsailrick,

thanks for your help!

What's up? See if modifying the default frame rate improves this.

I have set the default frame rate to 60 fps but nothing changed. If I set it to less than 60 fps the rectangle is moving more unfluently.

Do you have the latest .net (service packs)? Try that too.

I have got the latest .net framework (3.5 sp1) and windows xp sp2.

I am confused by that jumping frame rate (see picture red rectangles). Are you sure that that's not the reason?

http://dennishomepage.lima-city.de/Silverlight/test.jpg

Monday, February 23, 2009 1:28 PM
  • Is there a difference on your pc between the movement of the two green boxes?

I thought that multiplying the speed with the elapsed time would correct the jerking frame rate. But the green box (upper one) which is multiplied with the elapsed time moves even more unfluently than the other.

Monday, February 23, 2009 1:42 PM
  • There is a difference, but the frame rate looks good. I'm a game developer myself -- looks fine here.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 1:56 PM
  • Okay, thanks for your help again.

Monday, February 23, 2009 2:07 PM