none
Problem applying web template RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have saved a site template, however when I go to use it I received the following:

This web template requires that certain features be installed, activated, and licensed. The following problems are blocking application of the template:

Feature Description              Feature    Scope             Feature ID                                                  Problem 

AccSvcCustomizeForm         Feature    Site collection  b820625a-a987-4d71-bce9-4ce197cb001c   Not activated

AccSrvFormDesignerRibbon Feature     Site collection f1845cc0-3d69-4b16-a4db-a2a9137aea6e    Not activated

I know others have had a similar problem however I can't find how to active these particular features. The site I used as a template contained a customised document library and customised issue list as well as a customised home page layout.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Conrad

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Conrad,

How did you customized the issue list. It is important not to remove or rename the out-of-the-box columns of the risks and issues lists while creating a new template.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:52 PM
  • hello,

Where did the saved template come from? A different farm? when site templates are saved, the site features are referenced as you have seen. These referenced features will need to exist on the target farm. Default out of the box features should be ok as these will exist on both the source farm and the target farm, if custom features are referenced in the template they will need to exist on the target farm.

One workaround could be to edit the onet.xml file (site template definition file) for the WSP and comment out features it is failing on.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:09 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

I did customise the risks and issues lists adding new columns, renaming some of the existing columns and changing the formula's. How does customisation of these lists impact other aspects of SharePoint, or for that matter Project Online?

Hi Paul,

I have 2 PWA's setup in my Project Online environment, a dev/test PWA and a production PWA. Both are generic our of the box deployments with the exception of the customisations I did to the risks, issues and documents library and home page.

I have tested the template within the source PWA and it works fine, its just in my production PWA that it throws the above error.

Regards,
    Conrad

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:42 PM
  • Hi Conrad,

Is the default project template working well?

In case it is, try to recreate your customized project template without renaming or deleting existing columns. Just create new columns with the appropriate names and display the wanted columns in the views. 

Hope this helps,

Thursday, October 16, 2014 2:19 AM
  • I had the same problem.  I had modified the out-of-box Description site column.  When I recreated the site and lists using my own, custom site column, the issue disappeared.

Thanks for your help, Guillaume.

rac-jls

Monday, October 27, 2014 9:20 PM
  • You're welcome!

If any of the above replies were helpful to you, please mark it as an answer so other users with a similar concern can refer to it.

Hope this helps,

Monday, October 27, 2014 10:01 PM
  • I'm getting the same issue:

This web template requires that certain features be installed, activated, and licensed. The following problems are blocking application of the template:

Feature Description
    Feature Scope
    Feature ID
    Problem
    AccSvcCustomizeForm Feature
    Site collection
    b820625a-a987-4d71-bce9-4ce197cb001c
    Not activated
    AccSrvFormDesignerRibbon Feature
    Site collection
    f1845cc0-3d69-4b16-a4db-a2a9137aea6e
    Not activated

This template can't be used for this site collection until the issues above are resolved.

BUT,The site is based on the 2013 team Site.  I have not changed any of the lists/libs but I have removed some stuff.

All of the lists I have created were using the Custom List.   That only has one column "title" and I have changed the name of that column from title to something else.  But this has never caused me a problem in the last.

The site template works within the same site collection.  I can import it into another site collection with no problem.  I get the error when I try and create a new site using the template.

I've read some of the comments, but my instinct tells me a couple of things:

1) I have only started to get this message in the last three months

2) It looks like a feature dependency issue.  perhaps the solution is not activating features in the correct order?

How do I fix this.... 

HELP!!

BTW, I have created some custom list template and used them in the site.  Could that be an issue?

Chris

Cheers, Savin Smith

Friday, December 19, 2014 2:54 PM