Runtime Error RRS feed

• Question

• Within the last two weeks, when I turn on my laptop, and it begins to boot up, I have been receiving an error message dialog box that reads as follows: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

This message appears before I can even sign on to my laptop account, and it doesn't reference any program that is having a runtime problem. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. I have to click the "OKAY" button in the dialog box multiple times, or restart my computer, and receive the error message again, before I can get my account icon & account log in box to display.

Earlier this week I tried to find an answer to the problem, and had done an update from the Microsoft website that was supposed to fix the problem, but it hasn't fixed it. HELP!!!

Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:10 PM

Answers

• I suggested that you re-install your Visual Studio.

More likely, the operating system.

I would probably start removing recently installed applications, particularly those that were installed over the last two or three weeks. If that doesn`t solve the problem, keep removing older applications and unused applications. If you added any new hardware or drivers, remove those.

If this doesn`t stabalize your laptop, you should bail and reinstall the operating system.

Note this really is off-topic to this forum, which is to help Visual C++ programmers with programming issues.

Afterthought: remove any antivirus and firewall applications as well.

• Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:10 AM
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggested that you re-install your Visual Studio.

Jianhua

Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:44 PM
  • I suggested that you re-install your Visual Studio.

More likely, the operating system.

I would probably start removing recently installed applications, particularly those that were installed over the last two or three weeks. If that doesn`t solve the problem, keep removing older applications and unused applications. If you added any new hardware or drivers, remove those.

If this doesn`t stabalize your laptop, you should bail and reinstall the operating system.

Note this really is off-topic to this forum, which is to help Visual C++ programmers with programming issues.

Afterthought: remove any antivirus and firewall applications as well.

• Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:10 AM
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:26 PM