Azure stack activation failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Once you installed and deployed Azure Stack (Deployment Kit) you need to activate your Stack.

If you run the command: "Set-AzsRegistration -PrivilegedEndpoint "azs-ERCS01.azurestack.local" with powershell we receive the following errors;

"Assignment of custom RBAC Role Azure Stack Registration Owner failed" - path to your subscription, should have even number of parts.

When I go to portal.azure.com and look into my recourse groups and click on access control in my Azure subscription I can assign permissions. I have an owner (it is the admin account). What I saw on google that should be right but still getting this error.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks,

Miguel

Friday, May 18, 2018 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hello Miguel,

Do you have an Azure Subscription that meets the requirements below?

Before registering Azure Stack with Azure, you must have: The subscription ID for an Azure subscription.

To get the ID, sign in to Azure, click More services Subscriptions, click the subscription you want to use, and under Essentials you can find the Subscription ID.

NOTE: Germany and US Government cloud subscriptions are not currently supported.

The username and password for an account that is an owner for the subscription (MSA/2FA accounts are supported).

Registered the Azure Stack resource provider (see the Register Azure Stack Resource Provider section below for details).

If you don’t have an Azure subscription that meets these requirements, you can create a free Azure account here. Registering Azure Stack incurs no cost on your Azure subscription.

Let us know how it goes

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Friday, June 1, 2018 4:25 PM
  • Hello Miguel,

Where you able to validate your Azure Subscription?

Let us know how it goes

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:20 AM

All replies

• Hello Miguel,

Can you try rerunning registration using the Account that ‘Owns’ the Azure Subscription?

Let us know how it goes,

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Friday, May 18, 2018 9:14 PM
  • Hi Garry,

You need to login with the local domain account, if I try to login with the account from portal.azure.com we get access denied. What I know is other times in other environments I did it also with the domain azurestackadmin account and that worked fine..

Saturday, May 19, 2018 11:49 AM
  • To register the Azure Stack resource provider with Azure, ensure that start PowerShell ISE as an administrator and use the following PowerShell commands with the EnvironmentName parameter set to the appropriate Azure subscription type and then re-try.

Add the Azure account that you use to register Azure Stack. To add the account, run the Add-AzureRmAccount cmdlet. You are prompted to enter your Azure global administrator account credentials and you may have to use 2-factor authentication based on your account’s configuration.

Review on the account AzureStack\AzureStackAdmin, AzureStack\CloudAdmin and Azure AD Global Administrator privileges here: Azure Stack administration basics

Refer the document Register Azure Stack with Azure for the process.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:27 AM
  • Powershell ISE is running as an administrator.
    The Azure global administrator is logged in, we did that with Add-AzureRmAccount. Than, we run; Set-AzsRegistration -PrivilegedEndpoint "azs-ERCS01.azurestack.local" You need to login, we do that with the AzureStack\AzureStackAdmin account. Everything goes fine until he try's to do: Assignment of custom RBAC Role Azure Stack Registration Owner failed: "Subscription path".

This is also the way we did it at other environments.
    Unfortunately no success now.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:08 PM
  • Hello Miguel,

Please try running 'Set-AzSRegistration' again using the AZURESTACK\CloudAdmin account.

Note: In the ADFS enabled ASDK deployment, AZURESTACK\AzureStackAdmin is not the owner of the default provider subscription.

Let us know how it goes,

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:27 AM
  • Hi,
    We also tried to run  Set-AzSRegistration with AZURESTACK\CloudAdmin.
    But still no success.. and still the same error.

Any other ideas? 

Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:50 AM
  • Someone else any other idea's?
    Monday, May 28, 2018 11:02 AM
  • Hello Miguel,

Do you have an Azure Subscription that meets the requirements below?

Before registering Azure Stack with Azure, you must have: The subscription ID for an Azure subscription.

To get the ID, sign in to Azure, click More services Subscriptions, click the subscription you want to use, and under Essentials you can find the Subscription ID.

NOTE: Germany and US Government cloud subscriptions are not currently supported.

The username and password for an account that is an owner for the subscription (MSA/2FA accounts are supported).

Registered the Azure Stack resource provider (see the Register Azure Stack Resource Provider section below for details).

If you don’t have an Azure subscription that meets these requirements, you can create a free Azure account here. Registering Azure Stack incurs no cost on your Azure subscription.

Let us know how it goes

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Friday, June 1, 2018 4:25 PM
  • Hello Miguel,

Where you able to validate your Azure Subscription?

Let us know how it goes

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:20 AM