Record Source Question RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible for my Check Box to gets its Record source from another table other than the table that is the record source for the form it is placed on?

Any help thanks........Bob

Friday, December 9, 2011 8:53 PM

Answers

• Is it possible for my Check Box to gets its Record source from another table other than the table that is the record source for the form it is placed on?

Is the check box to be updatable, but from a table that is not related to the form's recordsource?  If so, your best bet may be to put it on a subform based on the table that holds the check box's controlsource field.
    Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
    • Marked as answer by TurnipOrange Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:51 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 10:55 PM

All replies

• Join the two table in your query that feeds the form.
    Friday, December 9, 2011 9:18 PM
  • Actually the checkbox is whether any emailing was Outlook/Windows Live

So there where a few different forms that I wanted to lookup whether it was Outlook/Windows live to use as email agent!

Thanks Bob

Friday, December 9, 2011 9:24 PM
  • I know nothing on that subject.
    Friday, December 9, 2011 9:34 PM
  • I suppose you can have something in Open Event of a form to lookup whether a field is true or false?

Thanks Bob

Friday, December 9, 2011 9:35 PM

Is the check box to be updatable, but from a table that is not related to the form's recordsource?  If so, your best bet may be to put it on a subform based on the table that holds the check box's controlsource field.
    • Marked as answer by TurnipOrange Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:51 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 10:55 PM
  • Thanks Dirk but the checkbox would only ever updated once as you decide whether to use Outlook or Windows Live Email ! so I suppose its only going to get used the once

Thanks Bob

Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:52 PM
  • Thanks Dirk but the checkbox would only ever updated once as you decide whether to use Outlook or Windows Live Email ! so I suppose its only going to get used the once

If it isn't going top be updated on the form you're talking about, you can just add a checkbox control to that form and set its ControlSource property to a DLookup express that returns the value of the field in the table.  However, if the user is supposed to be able to update the value on that form, you would use a subform, as I described in my earlier reply, intead.
    Monday, December 12, 2011 4:08 PM