none
LINQ with ODT cannot Drag & drop Tables RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

Today I've installed the last release of ODAC by Oracle with the tools for Visual Studio 2010 to support EntityFramework and Linq with Oracle.

I firt try a new entity model with oracle and no problems, it works like a charm. But after a while, i test with a dbml and i cant drag my tables. So then i try with a sql server database (worked before) and it's the same thing. Can't drag anything from the server explorer.

If someone has an explanation i accept it ^^

Thanks everybody

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:27 PM

Answers

• Ok after few tests and finally install and reinstall vs2010 it keeps failing...

And I found where came from the error, it wasn't the ODT but I tried to install the beta of vs 11 before the ODT and it was it who crashed my vs 2010 installation...

So it was my fault, I formated my PC reinstalled all and finally the ODT and it works.

Thanks for your answer

Regards

• Marked as answer by Slesen Friday, February 17, 2012 9:40 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Slesen,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

I'm not sure what caused the issue, please try to restart Visual Studio and test again. Based on the post, you said SQL Server database worked well before, but after installing the tools, it can't work. If restart Visual Studio can't solved the issue, please try to uninstall it and test again. Or, you can consult with Oracle official to find out the root cause of the issue.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, February 17, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Ok after few tests and finally install and reinstall vs2010 it keeps failing...

And I found where came from the error, it wasn't the ODT but I tried to install the beta of vs 11 before the ODT and it was it who crashed my vs 2010 installation...

So it was my fault, I formated my PC reinstalled all and finally the ODT and it works.

Thanks for your answer

Regards

• Marked as answer by Slesen Friday, February 17, 2012 9:40 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 9:39 AM
  • Hi Slesen,

I'm glad to hear that you have solved the issue and thanks for sharing the experience.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:26 AM