none
Kinect Studio - When playback the stream doesn't show in application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using K4W v2.

I have a problem with Kinect Studio (installed version 2.0.1410.19000). The Kinect Studio successfully records and plays videos, however, when I run an application (either from Visual Studio or for Kinect Browser) the feed is not getting through. I am only able to play the Kinect feed from the actual device.

It would be extremely useful for us to use the Kinect Studio for testing. Can you please give me any advice?

Thank you very much.

Friday, January 23, 2015 2:09 PM

All replies

• What is the state of Kinect Studio? Is it in playback mode and is the status "connected"?
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn785513.aspx

Did you record depth/ir data? As for color you need to ensure the "eye" icon is enabled and without the red box around it?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, January 23, 2015 8:07 PM
  • I am seeing a similar issue. I've made a recording with body frame enabled, but when I go to play back the file to 'body basics -wpf' from kinect studio, I don't get body frame data (though the app will work when connected to the physical sensor).

The stream appears to be in the file because Kinect studio can play it back showing body frame while 'disconnected', but, once I click on 'connect' to connect to the app (b-basics-wpf), then I cannot select the body frame data in Kinect studio. Is there some other setting during recording I need to make in studio?

Thanks!

Saturday, January 31, 2015 1:49 AM
  • Probably answered my own question, but I guess I didn't have the body frame stream checked during record. When I restarted everything, reset the studio app to default views, and very specifically made sure 'body frame' was included in the capture set, then I got the expected answer in my body-basics-wpf app.

I think I was thrown off that the K-studio app can access that stream when 'unconnected' which made me think that I was just accessing it wrong. K-studio is a great tool - keep up the great work Carmine et al! 

Saturday, January 31, 2015 3:11 AM
  • always remember in connected mode, body data is always generative based on the IR/Depth data. As a best practice, be sure to cover the sensor before you start your recording to ensure correct lock-on state.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, February 2, 2015 7:02 PM