none
[UWP]UWP Application & Windows Store Auto Update - Windows 10

Question

• Hi there!

I released an application a few weeks ago for a customer and installed it over 40 location in my country via the windows 10 store. It worked pretty well! Came the time of an update which I just pushed on the store. I carefully checked that every customer has the checkbox "Automatic Update" in the store. I also checked my app on the store and it correctly says "Update available". So my question is When Windows Store will automatically update my app ? I tried to restart the computer a couple of times to see if it was updated when the computer closes even shuting it down but no update... The thing is I really don't want to drive to the 40 locations again :) and my customers are unable to click 2 buttons for the update (too dumb). 

Clue N°1 Is there a chance that it don't updates the app because it require the windows store account password?

Do you guys have an answer? 

Cheers!

Romane

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 11:38 AM

All replies

• @Romane,

As you are asking a Windows Store related issue I think we need to move your case to some other forums. Like Publishing Windows Store apps forum. They may understand the store better.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:33 AM
  • Hello Donnet,

If the application is installed on the user’s device and their settings allow it as you’ve indicated, and update should automatically install once the package submission is fully integrated into the store. Please keep in mind that it may take some time for the update to become available across all markets once it has been published, and from your description, it sounds like this behavior may be what is preventative in seeing the updates as of yet. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you and investigate further. Thank you!

Saturday, June 4, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Hi!

Thanks for the answers!! So my next version has been pushed yesterday evening! Today morning I hear that 1 of 5 of the employee have the new version and 1 of 40 of my customers have it. We are all in the same country. The guy working here kept his computer on during the night and apparently he rebooter for windows update (i guess) and when he came today morning his computer was on the login screen and the software was already updated...

Now every body started their computer and booted the last version of the software for the day... once again is there any best practice to make customers update their windows store app?

We manage to make a little tool at startup of our software which check a version number on one of our server so it detect that the client isn't up to date and present a link for the windows store. Is it viable?

Regards,

Romane

Friday, June 17, 2016 7:22 AM