Logic App - Connector to "Common Data Services" does not work RRS feed

• Question

• When I create a simple azure logic app with one trigger CDS "When a record is created" and connects it to my environment id (GUID: "6a07ef7a-e698-4865-a0ee-f26f14c03375") it displays no items for database and thus I cannot choose the entity. I've tried to connect to other environments ids but with the same result.

I've checked the post: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ec06d580-958a-48d6-a0c5-12485ee7b766/logic-app-connector-to-quotcommon-data-servicesquot-does-not-populate-the-available-entities?forum=azurelogicapps
    (but since I've got the GUID as my environment Id - this does not solve my problem)…

I've attached the CDS (PowerApps) environment and the logic app CDS connector images.

CDS Environment:

CDS Connector:

CDS Connector

Cheers,

Mario

Monday, July 2, 2018 8:48 AM

Answers

• Actually,

We just did some tests after a round of questions on Azure Advisors, and we found that you can connect to the CDS V2 using the Dynamics connector. Instantiate the Dynamics connector like you would do for your normal Dynamics (using a username/password that is valid), and you should see the CDS v2 environments on your organizations.

Cheers, Wagner.

Monday, July 23, 2018 12:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Mario,

On that post, seems like there is another item that suggests that you need to use environmentname-environmentid. Just to be on the safe side, did you try, in your case:

org5d102c46-6a07ef7a-e698-4865-a0ee-f26f14c03375

Not sure if that will help, but might be something to try.

I will have to work with PowerApps and CDS later this week so I will keep an eye on any gotchas and let you know.

Cheers, Wagner.

Monday, July 2, 2018 8:01 PM
  • Hi and thanks for the answer.

I've tried both:
    * org58e59c5a-6a07ef7a-e698-4865-a0ee-f26f14c03375 (my org id)
    * org5d102c46-6a07ef7a-e698-4865-a0ee-f26f14c03375 (your suggestion)

but both of them gave the same result - no items. As you stated this makes sense to use this prefix. Do you know if there are any logs that logic apps (connectors) do emit to in order to debug this?

Cheers,
      Mario

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 5:54 AM
  • Not from the top of my head.

I will try to play with this a bit (day job allowing) and come back with some info if I can.

Cheers, Wagner.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 10:57 AM
  • Hi Mario - Were you able to get this issue resolved? If so, would you kindly share the solution with us here so that others visiting this post can learn from it?
    Monday, July 9, 2018 8:45 PM
  • Hi Mike,

No, sorry not yet - I've been in touch with Microsoft support and they say that there are others that have the same problem but no resolution as of yet.

I'm working on a workaround using the xrm sdk and azure function for now. I think one great step further would be to get a log of any kind to understand where the problem is.

Cheers,
      Mario

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 6:01 AM
  • One thing I found today about this is that if you use Flow, the connection works fine. You just have to select the environment first on the top right corner and the connector in Flow is able to see the database.

But in Logic Apps, I couldn't figure it out what values should compose the environment id.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 5:32 AM
  • Thanks!

I will forward this to the Microsoft support since they seems to be stuck too.

Cheers,
      Mario

Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:37 AM
  • Which seems to point out that Logic Apps is only able to recognize the "default" environment, instead of other environments.

The tests we did yesterday, if we try to connect to the default environment (the one that comes with Power Apps - which is prefixed by default, as per example below), it works fine.

But if we try to select the other environment, you are not able to "connect" (in quotes because although the API connection works successfuly, you can't find the database on that environment). It feels like some weird permission is missing, or the whole data policy is getting in the way of that.

While if you go to Flow, you can simply select what environment that Flow belongs to, and CDS connections are created automatically.

I hope this helps with the support call. Keep us posted, because we are interested on this too.

Cheers, Wagner.

Friday, July 13, 2018 3:24 AM
  • It seems that the logic app do have only the CDS v1 support whereas flows do use a another connector that supports CDS v2. It is not confirmed as of yet but ms support indicated this.

I'd guess we have two (or really one):

* Flows - to use CDS communication - but this will be messy where we need to have a companion flow for many logic apps

* Custom connector - but really do not want to maintain this.

Let's see if I can get it confirmed and if they are to upgrade the connector for logic apps as well...

Cheers,
      Mario

Friday, July 13, 2018 8:37 AM
  • Actually,

We just did some tests after a round of questions on Azure Advisors, and we found that you can connect to the CDS V2 using the Dynamics connector. Instantiate the Dynamics connector like you would do for your normal Dynamics (using a username/password that is valid), and you should see the CDS v2 environments on your organizations.

Cheers, Wagner.

Monday, July 23, 2018 12:01 AM