none
WES 7 msvcr100.dll missing during setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I built WES 7 image for my target device. When I try to install the image from USB to a CF card, during the final step of installation, setup posted a message box saying, "MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer". which package is causing this error and how can i fix it?

I also have a custom driver included in the out of box driver folder. May be to install this driver files, it requires this dll. But which DS package i should include to fix this?

• Edited by rambost Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:51 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:45 PM

All replies

• Using the search in ICE, this dll is not part of any package. You may have to install Visual Studio 10 runtime on the image.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:29 AM
  • But when I install those drivers after full bootup, it works fine. Only if i add as a part of the bootup (through out of box drivers) it does not work. I added those drivers under Offline Servicing pass. Can I add them to a different pass and make it to work?

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:28 PM
  • I am not finding it in a package. Try adding the Win32 Application Runtimes and Libraries and see what happens.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, March 30, 2012 1:48 AM
  • My answer file already has 'win32 application runtime and libraries' package. So this did not fix it.

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Download and install:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany (Preparing a blog about Windows Embedded Standard)

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:49 PM