none
Can I use same INF and Sys file for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've a driver which will support basic Wi-Fi functionality, now I had a requirement to implement the Bluetooth driver along with Wifi. Can I use same INF and Sys file for the Bluetooth.

PS: We've a WinCE driver with Coex support(Wifi+BT) with the same INF and same binary. Can I use the same method in Windows too?

Could you please  point me how to implement the Bluetooth driver along with Wi-Fi.

Thanks,

Raj.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:59 AM

Answers

• you cannot use the same INF. an INF can only belong to one device class, so there is the networking class for Wifi and the Bluetooth class for the Bluetooth device.

does your Bluetooth radio conform to an HCI standard defined by the Bluetooth SIG? if yes, there should be no driver to write

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 9:47 PM
  • CE is a very different beast than Windows. Each radio, bth and wifi, must be in its own device stack (which means enumerated by the system as two devices instances). if you need to coordinate between the two, one driver can open a file handle to the other.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, September 18, 2016 7:31 AM

All replies

• you cannot use the same INF. an INF can only belong to one device class, so there is the networking class for Wifi and the Bluetooth class for the Bluetooth device.

does your Bluetooth radio conform to an HCI standard defined by the Bluetooth SIG? if yes, there should be no driver to write

Saturday, September 17, 2016 9:47 PM
  • Thanks Doron,

In Current WinCE architecture, BT related info is embedded in to same INF file and once Driver advertise the interface HCI will start writing the packets to the driver from the stack. Can I use the same method here?

If not, How to implement Co-Existence mode(Wifi+BT) in Windows? Please help here.

Thanks,

Raj.

Sunday, September 18, 2016 5:03 AM
  • CE is a very different beast than Windows. Each radio, bth and wifi, must be in its own device stack (which means enumerated by the system as two devices instances). if you need to coordinate between the two, one driver can open a file handle to the other.

Sunday, September 18, 2016 7:31 AM
  • If possible could you please point me any reference code link for implementation of Co-Existence(Wi-Fi+Bleutooth) mode.

Thanks,
    Raj.

Monday, September 19, 2016 4:41 AM