none
WCF LOB Adapter: How to implement ws security, reliable messaging and transaction in WCF LOB Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Please guide me what needed to be followed and steps envolved if i want to enable ws security, reliable messaging and transaction in my wcf adapter that is being developed using wcf lob adapter sdk?
    Friday, September 5, 2008 6:47 AM

Answers

• WS-Security and WS-RM are used when you have 2 WCF Services, (or WS-* services) wishing to communicate with one another. In other words, if there are 2 WCF Bindings communicating with one another, you could use WS-RM and WS-Security in that scenario. For this purpose, you just need to have the appropriate binding elements added to the binding stack.

On the other hand, you would most probably not require these for communication between your adapter and your LOB, but would instead need to use any LOB specific protocol to achieve the same.

Friday, September 5, 2008 2:23 PM

All replies

• WS-Security and WS-RM are used when you have 2 WCF Services, (or WS-* services) wishing to communicate with one another. In other words, if there are 2 WCF Bindings communicating with one another, you could use WS-RM and WS-Security in that scenario. For this purpose, you just need to have the appropriate binding elements added to the binding stack.

On the other hand, you would most probably not require these for communication between your adapter and your LOB, but would instead need to use any LOB specific protocol to achieve the same.

Friday, September 5, 2008 2:23 PM
  • This post shows how to install WCF LOB Adapters using MSBuild:

http://whiteboardworks.com/2010/02/installing-wcf-lob-adapters-with-msbuild/

HTH.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 4:33 PM