optimize database job timeout expired after TCMPT run RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Running TFS2010 on SQL 2008R2

I'm running the test atttachment cleaner daily, and sometimes it removes around +10GB per day. Works fine.

But looking at the warehouse after that it seems that it cannot handle such big cleanups.

The optimize databases job fails to finish with error:

[Optimize Databases]:
    Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Server.WarehouseException:
    TF221122: An error occurred running job Optimize Databases for team project
    collection or Team Foundation server TEAM FOUNDATION.

Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.DatabaseOperationTimeoutException:
    TF246018: The database operation exceeded the timeout limit and has been
    cancelled. Verify that the parameters of the operation are correct.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
    elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
    responding.

Will the optimize job continue where it ended?

Should i change the timeout(how do I do that)? or is there somthing else to do?

Right now my Test Management Warehouse Sync is +21600 minutes old. the others are below 120

Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Kim,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay.

Appreciate your patience.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Kim CarlsenMVP Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:59 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Kim, 

Thanks for your post.

First, I suggest you upgrade from TFS 2010 to TFS 2010 SP1.

Please manually processing your TFS 2010 data warehouse and analysis database, then test this scenario again. To manually processing TFS 2010 data warehouse and analysis database, please refer to the steps in this article or this document:

If rebuild TFS warehouse and analysis database cannot resolve this issue, I think you need to recreate the TFS warehouse and analysis database using TFS Admin Console, then rebuild them.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:07 AM
  • Thanks.

Sorry I missed that info. We are on TFS 2010 SP1 and SQL 2008R2 SP2.

I know I can rebuild/recreate the warehouse. But I would like to know if the optimize job will continue after its last job.

All the jobs is taking longer and therefor timeouts as you can see on the attached picture.

The Test attachment cleaner was running at 10/1 and 10/2

Kim

Friday, October 18, 2013 5:40 AM
  • Hi Kim,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay.

Appreciate your patience.

• Marked as answer by Kim CarlsenMVP Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:59 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Hi Kim,

Do you have some Anti-virus software ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Jun Zh - MSFT Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Does any one find the solution for this issue?  Thanks!
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:36 PM