Node.js 8.9 runtime for web apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Web Apps "Application Settings" lists node 8.9 as a runtime option.

However, git deploy results in the following message:

remote: Using package.json engines.node value: =8.9.0

remote: Node.js versions available on the platform are: 4.4.7, 4.5.0, 6.2.2, 6.6.0, 6.9.3, 6.10.3, 6.11.0, 8.0.0, 8.1.0.
    remote: Could not resolve node version. Deployment will proceed with default versions of node and npm.
    remote: Running "node" "/usr/bin/npm-cli.js" install --production

What gives? How can we deploy a web app running node 8.9?

(apologies I can't attach images at the moment as my account's not verified, please see attachments on tweet, which I sent to the Azure Support account)

Friday, March 2, 2018 1:24 PM

Answers

• Check the current Node.js version running on the web app using node -v or node --version command through Kudu Console.

To check the available runtime versions for your app, Goto Kudu console -> Runtime versions

The Node.js versions provided by Azure are constantly updated. Unless otherwise specified, the default version that is specified in the WEBSITE_NODE_DEFAULT_VERSION environment variable will be used.

I suggest you, specify the WEBSITE_NODE_DEFAULT_VERSION as 8.9.0 under ‘Application settings’ and check if that resolves the issue.

I followed the below steps to update the default version of Node.js.

Kudu Output:

To verify your account, refer the post How to Verify Your MSDN/TechNet Forums Account So that You Can Post Images and Links.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, March 2, 2018 3:40 PM