none
Extended Disk/usb divices

Question

• Hello I found a code to internet about how to list all removable devices(USB, external disks etc.)

but it doesn't work, can someone tell me something else or to add some code:

using System.IO;

var driveList = DriveInfo.GetDrives(); foreach (DriveInfo drive in driveList) { if (drive.DriveType == DriveType.Removable) { ListViewItem item = new ListViewItem(drive.Name); item.SubItems.Add(drive.RootDirectory.ToString()); item.SubItems.Add(drive.TotalSize.ToString()); item.SubItems.Add(drive.TotalFreeSpace.ToString()); } }

thanks

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:36 AM

Answers

• I tested with a USB Stick and it works for me (Windows 10)

Otherwise, you can also use WMI (Win32_DiskDrive)

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:20 PM
  • 1. Make sure you have removable drives connected on the system you are running this code.

Since this code is adding items in a listViewItem only. You must have a list view in your application and the ListViewItem (per drive found is binded to ListView) .

Working with ListView in C#

For checking in console you can check during debug by adding below line

Console.Write(drive.RootDirectory.ToString() + " - " + drive.TotalSize.ToString() + " - " + drive.TotalFreeSpace.ToString());

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

All replies

• I tested with a USB Stick and it works for me (Windows 10)

Otherwise, you can also use WMI (Win32_DiskDrive)

• 1. Make sure you have removable drives connected on the system you are running this code.

Since this code is adding items in a listViewItem only. You must have a list view in your application and the ListViewItem (per drive found is binded to ListView) .

Working with ListView in C#

For checking in console you can check during debug by adding below line

Console.Write(drive.RootDirectory.ToString() + " - " + drive.TotalSize.ToString() + " - " + drive.TotalFreeSpace.ToString());

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora