none
system configuration for Kinect v2 sensor RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have Dual Core 2.10 GHz and USB 3.0 and Windows 8 and Kinect sdk 2.0 installed in my laptop but i came to know that we required 3.1GHz for v2 sensor so can i use the kinect 2.0 in this configuration what happens  if i use  kinect 2.0  in this configuration will it effect the sensor or my system will be slowdown

please  let me know

thanks

Sunday, November 16, 2014 5:37 PM

Answers

• system requirements are at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn782036.aspx

You need to test your application in all cases (meeting reqs or not meeting reqs).
    It might slow down. Or it might not slow down.l

--Dale

Monday, November 17, 2014 1:02 AM
  • As Dale stated, you will need to test your application on the hardware you intend to support. There is a minimum requirement set for the hardware just to work with the runtime(any i5/i7 class system should work providing it meets the USB3 (5.0GB/s ISOC/BULK support) and DX11 GPU.

Then there is whatever you intend to do on top of that which may require more processing or better GPU to handle those constraints, for example highly intensive computer graphics simulations(games/medical imaging)

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

• Marked as answer by vghanti Monday, November 17, 2014 6:05 PM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 5:57 PM

All replies

• system requirements are at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn782036.aspx

You need to test your application in all cases (meeting reqs or not meeting reqs).
    It might slow down. Or it might not slow down.l

--Dale

Monday, November 17, 2014 1:02 AM
  • As Dale stated, you will need to test your application on the hardware you intend to support. There is a minimum requirement set for the hardware just to work with the runtime(any i5/i7 class system should work providing it meets the USB3 (5.0GB/s ISOC/BULK support) and DX11 GPU.

Then there is whatever you intend to do on top of that which may require more processing or better GPU to handle those constraints, for example highly intensive computer graphics simulations(games/medical imaging)

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

• Marked as answer by vghanti Monday, November 17, 2014 6:05 PM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 5:57 PM
  • thank you but i have one more doubt am getting one problem i run the kinect verify tool its showing like it may or it may not compatible

what that means i need to install usb 3.0 drivers or somehing like that please let me know i dont't know

thanks advance

vinayak ghanti

• Edited by vghanti Monday, November 17, 2014 6:13 PM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 6:11 PM
  • That is just a warning, if you are getting depth/color data in the last tab, you can ignore the warning.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, November 17, 2014 7:28 PM